Hass Family Orthodontics provides orthodontic services in Conover, North Carolina. Call 828-464-5300
or contact us today to learn more and request an appointment.
Hass Family Orthodontics
404 1st St. E.
Conover, NC 28613
Tel: 828-464-5300 | Fax: 828-464-1197
Monday | 7:40am - 4:30pm
Tuesday | 7:40am - 4:30pm
Wednesday | 7:40am - 4:30pm
Thursday | 7:40am - 4:30pm
Friday | Closed
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
We provide the following orthodontic services for families:
- Braces. Braces are one of the longest used orthodontic treatments because they are effective. Traditional braces consist of metal brackets that attach to the teeth with an archwire connecting them that gradually shifts the teeth into proper alignment. Advancements in technology have made braces smaller, more comfortable, and even more effective than ever before.
- Invisalign. Invisalign is a newer orthodontic treatment that uses clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth to shift them into proper alignment. The aligners are virtually invisible on the teeth, providing a discreet, comfortable way to straighten your teeth.
- Two Phase Orthodontics. Some patients can benefit from having their orthodontic treatment divided into two phases. The early phase serves to encourage the growth of the jaw in beneficial ways that encourage the teeth to come in properly. The second phase takes place later once all of the permanent teeth are in place and usually involves braces or Invisalign to properly align the teeth and bite pattern.
- Orthognathic Surgery. Some orthodontic issues can only be corrected surgically. Orthognathic surgery can reshape the jaw so that the teeth and bite can line up correctly. We can work closely with an oral surgeon to provide the necessary orthodontic treatment that will prepare you for surgery and provide ongoing treatment after surgery.
- TMJ Treatment. TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint, the place where the lower jaw connects to the skull. This joint can become inflamed or shifted out of alignment, resulting in pain and limited ability to open and close your mouth. We provide treatment for TMJ disorder to relieve your pain and restore range of motion.
At what age should children have their first orthodontic evaluation?
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that all children have an orthodontic evaluation by the age of 7. Not all children will need treatment at this age, but some will benefit from early intervention and growth modification. Periodic evaluations every 6 months are recommended until the start of treatment.
Does Invisalign work for everyone?
Invisalign can correct most of the same orthodontic issues that braces can. However, some patients may not be candidates for Invisalign if there are severe or specific issues that can only be corrected by braces. We can perform a simple evaluation to determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign treatment.
How long does orthodontic treatment take?
The length of treatment depends on the type of orthodontic treatment you are undergoing and your individual needs. On average, braces can take anywhere from 1-2 years. Invisalign averages 6-18 months. Your entire orthodontic treatment can last for years as you grow and develop. Adult treatment may take longer.
What kind of TMJ treatment do you offer?
TMJ disorder can be treated in a variety of ways. We can create a custom night guard to wear while you sleep to relieve the stress of teeth grinding. Orthodontic treatment like braces or Invisalign can straighten your teeth and align your bite, which can relieve TMJ symptoms. For severe cases we may refer you to an oral surgeon for further treatment.
To learn more, call 828-464-5300 or contact us today to request an appointment.